From time to time, we have openings for team members who are passionate about getting more people to enjoy the wonderful outdoors that are the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Open positions will be posted here.
Forest Preserve Foundation Internships
To help further our program goals, we offer enthusiastic and talented college-level students internship opportunities in our offices. They get to learn about the Forest Preserves of Cook County, the role of philanthropy in the community and the importance of protecting our public lands. In addition to assisting with program needs, interns visit various conservation sites and interact with Corps members and Preserves' professional staff.
Training experiences available to interns
- Raisers Edge database training
- Fundraising training, phone and mail solicitations
- Grantee site visits, proposal review
- Board of Directors material development
Assignments and responsibilities
- Writing blog posts, profiles of grantees’ programs
- Contributing to donor prospect research
- Contributing to social networking strategy that will increase the Foundation's profile and raise its visibility
- Assisting with data entry in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- Board of Directors material development and meeting staffing
- An interest in the outdoor and stewardship of public lands
- Keen organizational skills
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Shelley A. Davis
Forest Preserve Foundation
About the Foundation
The Foundation’s mission is to engage in protecting and restoring the treasured natural habitats within the Forest Preserves of Cook County and to enhance the outdoor experiences of all communities. We do this by encouraging and administering private gifts to further the Forest Preserve’s mission and goals.
Programs we support
Our programmatic goal is to increase access to the Preserves for a greater diversity of visitors and to deepen their awareness, appreciation and commitment to the health of the Preserves. Our ongoing initiatives include:
Conservation Corps: Summer and year-round internships for teenagers and young adults to gain paid work experience and exposure to careers in conservation, while advancing restoration goals in the preserves.
Public Art and Nature Play: Creative, educational and recreation areas designed to bring individuals into the preserves for fun and interactive experiences.
Memorial Benches and Trees: Opportunities of those who wish to honor a special person or occasion in the preserves.
Forest Preserve Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.